Examples of hair tests can be viewed on our hair test page.
Since only doctors can order this test directly from DDI Labs, the easiest and least expensive way to get a Hair Elements Test yourself is from:
- Holistic Health International - the hair test kit is sent to you, consisting of a small paper scale, collection bag and requisition form. A small amount of hair is needed (0.25 grams), and pubic hair can be used if you have repeatedly dyed or bleached your hair, although head hair is preferred. You will then post the envelope directly to DDI, and the results will be e-mailed to you.
- For further understanding, order Andy Cutler’s books at this time, and
- Join one of the groups below, as you will learn a lot about chelation whilst you await your results.
Once your hair test is returned to you by Direct Labs, you will need to post your hair test to one of the following resources for help in interpreting the test properly:
1. Join the Andy Cutler Chelation Think Tank on Facebook: This group is really simple to use and particularly helpful, since Andy Cutler himself answers many questions. You can upload a picture of your hair test and receive quick feedback from helpful members.
2. Join the Mercury Detoxification Support Forum (previously known as the FDC Yahoo group). This is a somewhat more complicated email forum, and you will receive many emails a day (although you can set it up to read online only to avoid excessive emails in your inbox).
3. For parents chelating children, join the Fight Autism and Win Yahoo group. There are many parents here eager to help.
To contribute to our hair test database, ideally please e-mail us your hair test in the original Acrobat PDF format that was sent to you when your results were returned from the lab. Ideally, please do not scan your hard copy of the hair test and send the scanned version as it is usually too large, however if you only have this option, please send it in the smallest file size possible.
Once you have sent the hair test to us, we will post it. We will remove your name, leaving only your age, gender and location. We would prefer that only DDI tests be posted to keep in line with Dr Andy Cutler’s oral chelation protocol, however if you have a test from a different lab, we will post it also.