Finding a doctor that works with saliva tests and understands treatment options based on them, can be very difficult. Pat, a tireless support on the Hormones and Health Naturally Yahoo Group, offers some advice below. You can find a doctor to work with directly, or order the test yourself through some of the options below. Generally you will need a doctor to prescribe medication anyway. Join the Yahoo group to ask for help.
Finding a Doctor:
- A good person to consider is Dr Mark Rhodes. He works by phone, so you can live anywhere. (541) 701 4840. The first 10 minutes is free. He is a specialist working with the tests from Diagnos-Techs. [Skilled. Experienced. Highly regarded.]
- Dr Richard Shames MD, founder of Canary Club, does phone consultations.
- Canary Club.This was designed with the idea that you consult with someone knowledgeable like Dr Shames or Dr Rhodes re your results and what to do.
- Contact Diagnos-Techs to help you to find a doctor using their services.
- ZRT Labs will work with you directly, without a doctor.
- The Barnes Foundation has a list of doctors doing alternative work with Armour and other hormones.
- Mary Shomon has a list of Top Docs:
- ACAM American College for Advancement in Medicine. When you search for docs, it shows the specialties for each doctor (e.g. BHRT). But no guarantees there either.
- “The Armour thyroid website has a physician locator:Of course, this is no indicator or physician competence or quality, but it may be a good starting point.”Also, what I’ve learned in my thyroid travels is that just because a doctor is willing to rx Armour or Nature-Throid, doesn’t mean that is their *first* choice, so that’s an important question to ask before wasting time & money on an appointment. – Andrea HHN 9124. Jan 18, 2009″
- “Clinicians Using Iodine … provides links to some of the clinicians who have written about iodine.”
Pat (January 18, 2009 Homones and Health Naturally Yahoo Group)